The Summer School Series is a cooperation between the University of Cape Coast, Ghana and the Friedensau Adventist University, Germany.
It was first conceptualized in January 2014 in a hotel breakfast hall in Berlin by Prof. Dr. Ulrike Schultz, Prof. Dr. Akua Britwum, Dr. Jill Blau and Dr. Kwaku Arhin-Sam
The conceptualization was accomplished to foster academic cooperation and to promote dialogue across different disciplines from different parts of the world.
Serving as an exploratory platform, the Cape Coast Summer Series will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Explore global interdisciplinary discourses in social sciences on the African continent
- Discuss feminist epistemologies and how they shape methodologies for conducting research on land tenure reform
- Enhance their understanding of feminist techniques for data collection and analysis
- Apply computer-assisted packages for analysing qualitative data
- Re-activate a network of gender-sensitive researchers on land in Africa
We are grateful for the financial support of the Volkswagen Foundation which makes this summer schools possible.
Prof. Dr. Akua Britwum
Prof. Akua Opokua Britwum-Head_1
Prof. Dr. Ulrike Schultz
Dr. Jill Blau
Dr. Kwaku Arhin-Sam